Fuel Consumption - Hyundai Ioniq Forum
 10Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-06-19, 06:10 PM Thread Starter

Fuel Consumption

I have filled my car up twice, and keep a spreadsheet of fuel consumption, since buying it. My vehicle is the 1.6 Hybrid. The first tank of fuel, which I filled up after 520 miles calculated out at 69mpg, and the 2nd tank full calculated out at 64mpg. A typical run to, or from, work of 22 miles is usually displayed between 65 and 70mpg.

I live in the UK and most of my commute is via the M6 and M42. All of my cars have been plodders, not racing cars, and the Ioniq is another plodder. With a smaller fuel tank than my previous 1.6 Astra Estate I am getting better than 1.5 times the mileage out of the Ioniq and I am pleased with it.
SEvans, BlueNev, BlueBaron and 1 others like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-06-19, 03:34 AM
Super Moderator

As an added bonus ,it'll improve probably . Wouldn't describe the Ioniq as a plodder though
bluecar1 and David H like this.

A mind is like a parachute. It doesn't work if it is not open

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-06-19, 06:17 AM

@Phoenix11 How do you define "plodder"?

Hybrid Premium in Lave Orange, arriving in May (or maybe not)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-06-19, 08:21 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcF View Post
@Phoenix11 How do you define "plodder"?

My assumption is that the OP wanted to say this car is not something that'll win speed tracks, but it'll take you to work and keep running and running and unning and running and running without any worry - top up and go.

I certainly want my Ioniq to act like that and I fully expect to. I've had another Hyundai (Accent) for 1 years before this and no issues whatsoever.
Bermah likes this.

Ioniq Hybrid Style - see it in
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-06-19, 01:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenix11 View Post
I am getting better than 1.5 times the mileage out of the Ioniq and I am pleased with it.
I'm on my fist tank of fuel and the Ioniq is saying I'm getting about double but I'll use Fuelly to log my MPG so will see over time. But I used to fuel up every two weeks, I think I'll be fuelling up once a month now.

post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-06-19, 03:57 PM
Super Moderator

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenix11 View Post
All of my cars have been plodders, not racing cars, and the Ioniq is another plodder.
have you put it in sport, carried on driving normally until the battery is halfway up the top segment, find a quiet road and floor it in sport mode

I doubt you will still consider it a plodder

2016 Marina Blue Hyundai Ioniq Hybrid Premium 6-speed dual clutch automatic
Location Kent, UK

post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-06-19, 07:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluecar1 View Post
have you put it in sport, carried on driving normally until the battery is halfway up the top segment, find a quiet road and floor it in sport mode

It doesnít burn the asphalt, though. Sometimes I wish it could

2018 Ioniq Hybrid SEL with tech pkg
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-06-19, 07:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluecar1 View Post

I took my car down to the coast the weekend and on this windy country lane there were racing cyclists, going quite fast about 25 mph. I was sat behind them for a few minutes then the road opened up to about a 150 metres straight, I whacked it in sport and the car took off, was doing about 70 mph and then was going too fast for the bend. This was the first time I put it in sport and put my foot down.

The gf wasn't impressed.
bluecar1 likes this.

post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-06-19, 07:54 PM

The perception is different from the passengerís seat. Thatís what I always tell myself while clenching my teeth and fighting the urge to press the nonexistent brake pedal on my side when my daughter drives. I didnít even tell her about the sports mode yet.
bluecar1 and MR Scan Man like this.

2018 Ioniq Hybrid SEL with tech pkg
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 13-06-19, 08:18 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bermah View Post
The perception is different from the passenger’s seat. That’s what I always tell myself while clenching my teeth and fighting the urge to press the nonexistent brake pedal on my side when my daughter drives. I didn’t even tell her about the sports mode yet.
The fun thing about Ioniq is that with the smart cruise control and LKA i sometimes have the same passenger perception. E.g. on a crowded freeway I am constantly on the lookout and have to put conscious effort into _not_ breaking earlier and trusting the cruise control to do its job.

Ioniq Hybrid Style - see it in

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hyundai Ioniq Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page