Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner
  • US ICCU Recall (aka 12V battery failure issue). Please use the following thread, this pertains to all eGMP models. Please do not create duplicate threads on this topic. Thread

I didn't know the Ioniq did this

407K views 403 replies 101 participants last post by  Prodromo 
#1 ·
a little thread as I noticed some things

• the BEEP from the lane keep assist warning comes for the front speaker on the side you got near the white line
  • the wireless phone charger stops charging as soon as a door is opened
anyone else who has one noticed any little things like above

#5 ·
When in reverse, the car sounds a little beep (dong) at the backside to warn pedestrians. It is not very loud, sitting in the car you can barely hear it, but I think it can be annoying when coming home late at night.
Does anyone know if and how to disable this reverse driving warning?
Isn't it VESS button that disables reverse sound, but by default after powering up the car the sound is enabled again.

#4 ·
3 moths on still finding little bits :)

on the driving style display there are 2 blue lines (either side of economical in attached image)

if you have this display while you are driving those two blue lines move to show you current driving is "economical", "normal" or "aggressive" real time, so you can see if easing off a little makes to drive more economical

Attachments

#8 ·
Did you know...

- To disable the 'adaptive' part of Cruise Control:
switch CC ON, but don't activated yet. Then push the distance button for 2 seconds.
Now it's a standard CC without distance keeping. At the next OFF and ON, the adaptive part is ON again!
- Disable front window Automatic De-mist System (ADS):
press and hold the windscreen de-mist button for 3 seconds.
- To Zoom/scale of the nav map: turn the right-hand knob

#11 ·
I spotted a nice on yesterday - on adaptive cruise, if you're following another car it shows a small car icon in the centre of the speedo, with the follow-distance blobs (1-5 depending on how close you've set it), so you can see if your speed is being limited by traffic.

I would take a photo, but it's possibly the worst time to be distracted while driving :)

#380 ·
I spotted a nice on yesterday - on adaptive cruise, if you're following another car it shows a small car icon in the centre of the speedo, with the follow-distance blobs (1-5 depending on how close you've set it), so you can see if your speed is being limited by traffic.

I would take a photo, but it's possibly the worst time to be distracted while driving :)
In actuality, the small car icon is shown as soon as your vehicle detects there is another vehicle ahead, independent of whether your car is speed limited by the one ahead. You'll see the car indicator appear long before your speed is limited. The only way to detect your speed is limited is that your actual speed is lower than the set speed shown on the display.

#14 ·
Sport mode changes many things

When switching the gearbox into sport mode, it does not only change the gearbox behavior and instruments display. It changes at least 6 things

1. Gearbox behavior
  2. Instruments display
  3. Hardened suspension (I think so, but I am not sure on this one)
  4. Shorter accelerator pedal stroke
  5. Shorter brake pedal stroke
  6. Hardened steering
The last two features are very useful when driving down a steep slope with sharp turns. I switch to sport mode when driving down a parking ramp: sport mode makes it safer thanks to the short brake pedal stroke.

#17 ·
in sport mode the UK model certainly keep the ICE running more but it does drop into EV and shut the engine down at times but the battery has to have a fair charge in it, as sport mode wants to use ICE and EV together so needs more battery power and recharges the battery more aggressively

#18 ·
-In the trunk (!) you can open the fuel-cap.
-The normal car battery is in the rear of the car. I have never driven a car with the battery in the back.
-The lower part of the rear window will get more "power" from the rear windscreen heater than the top part.
-You can take (the rear) part of the frontdoor handle off and use the key that is hidden in the remote controller of your car to unlock the door.
-Touching the start/stop button with the key will start the car. No need to press the knob :)

#19 ·
Oh wow this is so informative! Good one BC deffo need to make this a sticky.

I'm actually dry out of ideas right now but have experienced most of what others have said. Didn't know about the eco/norm/agressive driving indicator though, gonna monitor that tomorrow. And the side mirrors thing.

Definitely noticed the ACC adapting to a faster driver ahead when being cut up. Which is good.. but it can sometimes miss the mark.. as I've experienced before.

#21 ·
Yes, obstruction signals are given by the speakers closest to it. In narrow parking lots this can be confusing. The Ioniq is very itchy on its parking sensors giving beeps from all around you. And then you probably bump against one of them. Beware of poles smaller than 30 cm. The are overlooked. Use your dip mirrors to see them

Reactions: bluioniq
#23 ·
You do surprise me [emoji3][emoji3] I have 0% aggressive on this fill. It was 1% but been rounded down now [emoji3]

It does use a bit of averaging I think and is not instantaneous as I can pull out and be aggressive (that sounds very wrong!) and then ease right off to EV and it takes a few to switch out of aggressive

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#27 ·
Nobody told me this, but: we had our first rain in the car today and the automatic wipers did not work even though they are on automatic. Turns out you need to manually (the horror!) switch the wipers to ON. Only then will the wipers wipe automatic.

#30 ·
The wiper handle has several position. Postion O is off. From O pushing the handle down you have 1 wipe. Click one position up you are in AUTO. Then the amount of moisture on your windscreen determines auto wiping start. The speed of auto wiping is maintained bij the sliding knob in the middle of the handle ( 1 to 4 blocks). Further 1 position up is Low speed wiping and the last position up 2 is fast wiping. Pulling the handle towards you fires the sprinkler and gives 2 wipes.
The handle position is also shown on the right TFT display if you have chosen this option in the display setup.

In my experience the speed of auto wiping is not influenced by the cars speed but only by the sliding knob. This is a real flaw.
A bigger flaw is that the User Manual is completely inaccurate on this functionality.:(

#31 ·
BTW: why did the admins make me a senior member?. I'm just subscribed to this forum for 6 weeks!

#35 ·
Excuse me?. I try to help novice users with info what this forum TMHO is meant for. Especially when the user manual sends them into the swamps.
If this is not appreciated for what do we need more members in this forum? You' d better join Mark Zuckerberg if you want a chatbox.

#36 · (Edited)
basically you have posted to many posts so you must be senior to have that much time on your hands :) :)

but seriously keep up the good work, we are all here to help new and older owners alike navigate the many systems on the Ioniqs

and have a sense of humour as well, if the forum is to serious it can be a clinical boring place