New UK Ioniq Owner - Page 3 - Hyundai Ioniq Forum
 6Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 25 (permalink) Old 18-03-19, 01:12 PM

I got about 47 mpg in the first month , have had mine 4 months now and have did about 5000 miles . Am getting about 65mpg. Very happy with my hybrid. Great for long motorway journeys ! Find the miles left gauge quite accurate as it checks out on a 400 miles motorway trip !
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 25 (permalink) Old 29-03-19, 10:59 PM

Thumbs up Ditto Tom1965

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom1965 View Post
Thanks BC. It's the premium SE in Grey. Hope you like yours. It's ok, I like all the gadgets (I'm like that) and one of the attractions was the high spec on the Premium SE

In short, Likes:

The overall look
15" tyres are nice and comfortable, hate those 17" wheels
The features like blind spot detection where the wing mirrors alert you and if you indicate it bleeps
The smart cruise control is a bit spooky where it brakes by itself - though can be a bit jerky if the giuy inf ront is on and off the brakes, I have it set on the closest setting just in case
Apple Car Play is ok, I like all the stering wheel integration

Dislikes
MPG- I'm getting 45 ish which isn't great.. I find it hardly ever just goes on battery, only when doing literally 5 mph, anything more than that the engine kicks in. I'm not hugely stressed because I mainly got a hybrid to reduce my company car tax BIK, but it's definitely NOT as advertised. Maybe I just drive with lead boots but it seems to say I am driving "ecologically"... will be interesting to see what you get.
The sat nav isn't Tom Tom but uses TomTom traffic which I had anyway, It's quite good, not as good as my old Tom Tom device but I'll live with it
Main pain is that to get the traffic you have to connect it to WiFi via your phone hotspot, if you can find a solution to this pray tell. I have an Iphone and when I plug in the USB it won't connect to the wifi unless I turn the hotspot off and on again.
Not mad on the footbrake but you get used to it, I keep forgetting it's on..
Visibility out of the back isnt great with the bar across, but you get used to that, I am getting used to using a reversing camera!
Tank is quite small, 40 litres? So it says about 530 miles range, I think I am used to my old diesel which did 675, I certainly don't get 535, got about 450 off the last one but am only on my second fill up so will report back

This is sounding like more dislikes than likes, but I am very happy with it overall, would be really interesting to compare notes

Cheers

T
Ditto
Tom you read my mind

<last car was a diesel>

Intense Blue
post #23 of 25 (permalink) Old 30-03-19, 05:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelp66 View Post
Today's the day...

That I'm picking up my iron grey Premium SE Electric! Driving up to DSG Morecambe this evening.
Hi!

I have the iron grey Premium (Hybrid) and it's a lovely colour! It really sparkles when waxed ..
michaelp66 likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24 of 25 (permalink) Old 30-03-19, 05:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackmac24 View Post
I got about 47 mpg in the first month , have had mine 4 months now and have did about 5000 miles . Am getting about 65mpg. Very happy with my hybrid. Great for long motorway journeys ! Find the miles left gauge quite accurate as it checks out on a 400 miles motorway trip !
I have a Premium Hybrid and I'm very impressed with my MPG.. I actually do a 60-mile-day commute and I average between 67 and 72mpg - I've only had the car for 4 weeks! On one mild day last week I hit 78mpg on one 30 mile run! Great considering I was driving a BMW 1 Series 'Eco' diesel and could never get anywhere near 60mpg.. averaged 50-55ish!!
post #25 of 25 (permalink) Old 30-03-19, 12:16 PM
Super Moderator

Garage
my comments in red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom1965 View Post
Thanks BC. It's the premium SE in Grey. Hope you like yours. It's ok, I like all the gadgets (I'm like that) and one of the attractions was the high spec on the Premium SE

In short, Likes:

The overall look
15" tyres are nice and comfortable, hate those 17" wheels yep, its a compromise, I prefer the better ride of the 15" to the better handling of the 17" very few of us are likely to push the car to handling limits to need the 17's
The features like blind spot detection where the wing mirrors alert you and if you indicate it bleeps
The smart cruise control is a bit spooky where it brakes by itself - though can be a bit jerky if the guy in front is on and off the brakes, I have it set on the closest setting just in case the smart cruise I find only useful of motorway in light traffic, otherwise I tend to use the speed limiter to stop me gradually picking up speed
Apple Car Play is ok, I like all the steering wheel integration

Dislikes
MPG- I'm getting 45 ish which isn't great.. in the 1st 1000 miles the ECU and gearbox are learning, as well as the engine being a bit tight, it improves rapidly the other thing is to learn to drive smoothly with gentle braking and acceleration and its suprising you rarely lose much time I find it hardly ever just goes on battery, only when doing literally 5 mph, anything more than that the engine kicks in. I'm not hugely stressed because I mainly got a hybrid to reduce my company car tax BIK, but it's definitely NOT as advertised. Maybe I just drive with lead boots but it seems to say I am driving "ecologically"... will be interesting to see what you get.yep keep it in the green and out the white on the left gauge to improve EV mode usage
The sat nav isn't Tom Tom but uses TomTom traffic which I had anyway, It's quite good, not as good as my old Tom Tom device but I'll live with it
Main pain is that to get the traffic you have to connect it to WiFi via your phone hotspot, if you can find a solution to this pray tell.a few have a free sim from three that gives 250mb of data a month and a usb dongle, this provide enough data for the satnav and provides a plug and forget solution I have an Iphone and when I plug in the USB it won't connect to the wifi unless I turn the hotspot off and on again.
Not mad on the footbrake but you get used to it, I keep forgetting it's on.. you do get used to it fairly quickly
Visibility out of the back isnt great with the bar across, but you get used to that, I am getting used to using a reversing camera! you will find that bar is great at night it is just in the right place to block the headlights of idiots behind
Tank is quite small, 40 litres? So it says about 530 miles range, I think I am used to my old diesel which did 675, I certainly don't get 535, got about 450 off the last one but am only on my second fill up so will report back, I have had 700 miles out of a tank, but that is driving quiet economically, , I average about 600 per tank

This is sounding like more dislikes than likes, but I am very happy with it overall, would be really interesting to compare notes

Cheers

T

2016 Marina Blue Hyundai Ioniq Hybrid Premium 6-speed dual clutch automatic
Location Kent, UK

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hyundai Ioniq Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page