Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner
  • US ICCU Recall (aka 12V battery failure issue). Please use the following thread, this pertains to all eGMP models. Please do not create duplicate threads on this topic. Thread

Waiting for delivery

4K views 15 replies 9 participants last post by  niclariv 
#1 ·
Hi There,

I've purchased Limited Electric.
I traded in a '12 Civic on my Ioniq.
I'm from Mississauga, ON, Canada.
I was interested in the Ioniq as my other car is a '15 Santa Fe XL and I've been very impressed with it. Was looking at moving away from the Civic before repairs became an issue.

#4 ·
Hello Ice_fishing_lad

When did you place your order and what did the dealer say about the wait times? My order was placed on 11th July and i was given 6-8 weeks for delivery. I'm hoping that is the case.

I called the head office in Markham and could not get any useful info out of them but seemed to suggest that the 6-8 week time frame was reasonable. Would be good to know what other customers in the GTA have been told and what the reality is for those who have received their cars recently.

The wait is quite painful.

#5 ·
When I waited 8 weeks with no useful update from the dealer I called Hyundai Canada Customer Care line. They are of no help. Gave me the same generic answer 6-8 weeks wait time from the time the dealer put the order in. They can't confirm whether my order is placed and where am I on the list.

Ordered on 04/29
Received VIN on 06/29
Vehicle arrived at the dealer on 07/21

#7 ·
[FONT=&quot]Yesterday I came into possession of my Ioniq.[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]I'm glad I chose the marina blue, the color is gorgeous.[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]I drove 200 km and I'm delighted.[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]I have encountered a problem. The following message appeared at first stop:[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]“Battery discharge warning! Please use system with the ignition turned on”[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]I thought the 12V battery was not charged, but the same message came after 200 km.
What can it be?[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]

Attachments

#11 ·
Yes, the car doesn't use a conventional car battery, just a small 12v unit. When the button is pressed and the car is `live` that battery is fed by the much larger battery under the seat.

It's not something you need to worry about in normal use, but if the battery does go flat it can cause all sorts of issues.

#14 ·
If you want to listen to the radio for extended periods either switch the car on, or plug it in. As mentioned, the batteries in the EV are in series, not parallel, so if the car is switched off and not plugged in the 12v cannot be charged by the 28kWh driving battery. When it's plugged in both batteries are charged, I believe.

The message is your first alert only, not telling you the battery is flat. Thereafter the next stage is the car switches the unit off after a few minutes...

It does the same thing in the Hybrid, and used to do it on my i30 diesel, and did the same thing in a VW van I drove last year so I guess it's probably a feature of the Hyundai range in total, not just EV and Hybrid models.

#16 ·
Sorry to revive this old thread, but I've got a follow up question. Just got my Ioniq Plug in Hybrid. I'm coming from a Kia Rio so it's very different. There are going to be times when I'll want to listen to the radio sitting for a long period of time. I live on an island so I'll have to wait for a ferry for up and hour or two. And then maybe I'll want to listen in the ferry for another hour and a half. It gives me the battery discharge warning after about a minute of listening to music with the car off. Should I turn it on for this and then turn off things like headlights (which I've been leaving in Auto so far), air conditioning etc, so the only thing using power is the stereo? Even then, it doesn't seem as energy efficient because the speedometer/etc is all turned on.. The only way to just run the radio seems to be by pressing the start butting without my foot on the brake, but then I get that warning. I wouldn't want to risk the car not starting after I listen to the radio at the ferry. Thoughts?

#15 ·
Hey, hi there.

I just ordered the Ioniq Electric SE with cold weather package. I'm in Ottawa Ontario. They told me I have about 3-4 months wait time. That means I'll get it in the winter. I'm curious if anyone has any experience using the car in winter temperatures colder than -20 Celsius? Every winter we get down to around -40'C for about week in total (scattered through the winter). Does Norway get that cold?

thanks...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.