Charge your Car network (uk) status unknown for CCS - Hyundai Ioniq Forum
 2Likes
  • 1 Post By TMJ
  • 1 Post By TMJ

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 29-05-19, 02:16 AM Thread Starter
TMJ

Charge your Car network (uk) status unknown for CCS

I am going on a road trip next week to Skye, Lewis, benbecula and back to Edinburgh. I see most CCS rapids enroute are either not working or status unknown on the Charge Place Scotland site. This is really frustrating as I donít know if I can rely on any of them or use 22kW units and have to wait up to 4 hrs at some points with ferries to catch! I asked the support team what this meant and got this half answer:

This will normally refer to an APT rapid charger, the charge history from these units
is recorded only as either the AC (type 2) or the DC (chademo/CCS). So the information
we receive from the manufacturer does not allow us to determine the difference between
the Chademo and the CCS. Only that one of the DC cables is working, resulting in the
status ' unkown' .

Sorry for this.

This could turn out to be more of an adventure than I thought. I bought a waterproof 15m extension cable for backup granny charging overnight from our accommodation if they let us.
Patrick likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 30-05-19, 07:53 AM

Good luck, hope this would be an uneventful trip (regarding EV charging) for you. Keep us posted.

2018 Marine Blue EV + safety pack
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 30-05-19, 08:00 AM

Garage
This problem seems to have been around for more than two years now. It's time for a firmware update on these chargers i guess.
Maybe apps like Zap-Map or Plugshare can help you out with comments from the recent users to tell you if they are reliable (maybe you can test some and leave a note). Have a nice trip.

😃 2017 Hyundai IONIQ Electric Premium 😃

Last edited by Patrick; 30-05-19 at 08:02 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 30-05-19, 04:09 PM Thread Starter
TMJ

Thanks, I think it'll be ok... I'll use the ABC rule and try the Rapids but have 22kW's as backup leaving enough time to get to the ferries. The apps do give some idea if they are working but there are not always recent comments.

The weather forecast doesnít look great but hey, Scotland.
bluecar1 likes this.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-06-19, 04:02 PM Thread Starter
TMJ

The trip went well, 635 mi using 130kWh of juice @ 4.9 mi/kWh between 9-17C. The weather and charger availability was better than expected. Total cost £4.88 😂
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-06-19, 03:04 AM

Slightly off topic, but thought it would be of interest to UK and European owners of BEVs. Not seen this in UK press, but it has just appeared in the Cyprus press.
https://cyprus-mail.com/2019/06/09/f...hed-in-the-uk/

Ioniq EV SE 2017 Platinum Silver
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(UK spec)
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-06-19, 04:44 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by chui View Post
Slightly off topic, but thought it would be of interest to UK and European owners of BEVs. Not seen this in UK press, but it has just appeared in the Cyprus press.
Of no use to people living in Wales at the moment . Maybe 2020 will be better ?

A mind is like a parachute. It doesn't work if it is not open

post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-06-19, 09:46 AM
Super Moderator

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by chui View Post
that's not far from me

2016 Marina Blue Hyundai Ioniq Hybrid Premium 6-speed dual clutch automatic
Location Kent, UK

post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-06-19, 02:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMJ View Post
The trip went well, 635 mi using 130kWh of juice @ 4.9 mi/kWh between 9-17C. The weather and charger availability was better than expected. Total cost £4.88 ��
Of all the charging stations you used were any of them the 'status unknown' ones? Do you know if the reported status has changed since you used them?

Dave F. Dunstable UK. Electric Premium SE. Ordered 5 January 2017. Shipped 27th February. Supplied to me 20 April 2017. Polar white.
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-06-19, 04:34 AM Thread Starter
TMJ

Yes, some were and no the didn't change afterwards. CYC/CPS said the unknown status is:

"This will normally refer to an APT rapid charger, the charge history from these units
is recorded only as either the AC (type 2) or the DC (chademo/CCS). So the information
we receive from the manufacturer does not allow us to determine the difference between
the Chademo and the CCS. Only that one of the DC cables is working, resulting in the
status ' unkown' .

sigh

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hyundai Ioniq Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in