Who in the U.S. has had the 22,500mi engine clutch actuator fluid service done? - Hyundai Ioniq Forum
 9Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 67 (permalink) Old 11-05-18, 01:44 AM Thread Starter

Who in the U.S. has had the 22,500mi engine clutch actuator fluid service done?

I'm just curious as to what this is and how much the service costs. Checking with the service department at my dealer, they don't have Ioniq customers with enough miles to have performed the service yet and couldn't give me any info. But they're checking into it so the service department, myself, and other hybrid owners are prepared when the time comes. Just thought I'd see if anyone here has had the service done.

2018 Ioniq SEL, symphony air silver/black (actually dark grey)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 67 (permalink) Old 11-05-18, 08:17 AM

I'm just a hair over 20,000 miles now. It won't be long before I will be requesting that service assuming it didn't have to be done anyway with the electric motor replacement that they're doing right now. I'm guessing I'm one of the higher mileage Ioniqs in the states, at least that frequent these forums.

2017 Hyundai Ioniq Limited with Ultimate (HEV)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 67 (permalink) Old 11-05-18, 09:42 AM
Cha

I have the exact problem that I've post earlier here https://www.ioniqforum.com/forum/282-...tor-fluid.html

I have so much problem with my dealership lately, seems like they know nothing about hybrid car.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 67 (permalink) Old 11-05-18, 09:43 AM
Cha

Quote:
Originally Posted by IsntItIoniq View Post
I'm just a hair over 20,000 miles now. It won't be long before I will be requesting that service assuming it didn't have to be done anyway with the electric motor replacement that they're doing right now. I'm guessing I'm one of the higher mileage Ioniqs in the states, at least that frequent these forums.
What is wrong with your electric motor? That sound major.
post #5 of 67 (permalink) Old 11-05-18, 09:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cha View Post
What is wrong with your electric motor? That sound major.
Here is the thread where I talk about it. https://www.ioniqforum.com/forum/218-...rivetrain.html

I will try to get more specifics from the dealer when I pick it up. They like to be vague, probably because most of their customers just don't care what the details are. Fortunately, the car didn't leave me on the side of the road somewhere. I wonder if it would have if I ignored it.

2017 Hyundai Ioniq Limited with Ultimate (HEV)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 67 (permalink) Old 11-05-18, 01:28 PM Thread Starter

The Hyundai dealership here is very highly rated and so far has been extremely helpful in all respects. One thing I will say about speaking with the service department about Ioniq maintenance (specifically the engine clutch actuator fluid service) in the short time I've owned my SEL, the service manager was honest in telling me that since the Ioniq is a relatively new vehicle, it's a learning process for everyone including the service department, as was the case with the first few years of the Prius, and they're doing all they can to stay updated. I think my SEL is only the third or fourth Ioniq they've sold, so owners haven't reached any high mileages yet or the more extensive services. I've called other dealer service departments here in AL, as well as CA, asking about the engine clutch actuator fluid service and none have performed the service yet and had no info. No one knew anything about it! So, it's a learning process for everyone, and @Cha , that could very well be the reason it seems your dealership doesn't know about hybrids...because they're in the learning process where Toyota was with the Prius back in 2001. I know people who purchased a Pruis in the first couple years of production who experienced the same issues with Toyota's service departments limping though growing pains. Guess it's our turn now.

post #7 of 67 (permalink) Old 12-05-18, 12:07 AM
Cha

To make the topic even more complicated https://www.ioniqforum.com/forum/7-hy...iq-recall.html
post #8 of 67 (permalink) Old 12-05-18, 12:44 AM Thread Starter

My service manager mentioned the recalls, but thankfully my car isn't affected.

post #9 of 67 (permalink) Old 12-05-18, 09:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IsntItIoniq View Post
I purchased my Ioniq April 22, 2017... I currently have 26,533 on my vehicle as of last night... I drive a minimum of 500 US miles a week (48 miles each way to work). I usually put almost 30k miles per year, but my car was at the dealer's shop for almost a solid month due to the dead hybrid batteries... I purchased all of my services for my vehicle up to 60k the day I bought the car... I need to check to make sure the clutch service was performed...
post #10 of 67 (permalink) Old 12-05-18, 10:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BethPet View Post
I purchased my Ioniq April 22, 2017... I currently have 26,533 on my vehicle as of last night... I drive a minimum of 500 US miles a week (48 miles each way to work). I usually put almost 30k miles per year, but my car was at the dealer's shop for almost a solid month due to the dead hybrid batteries... I purchased all of my services for my vehicle up to 60k the day I bought the car... I need to check to make sure the clutch service was performed...

UPDATE: I just called my dealership, and asked if the clutch fluid was changed... They didn't change it yet!! I assumed that since I prepaid for all of my services, that they would perform all of the services as they came needed. Poor Kyle at Classic, who I've already spoken to now twice today, said that he made note of the service in my records and that waiting to approximately 30k miles will not damage the vehicle or void the warranty. My dealership also stated that it's a learning process with this new model. I'm trying to give them the time to figure it out. I guess that's what you get buying a first year car...
bluecar1 likes this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hyundai Ioniq Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page