Charging in Scotland - Hyundai Ioniq Forum
 2Likes
  • 1 Post By Chuckle
  • 1 Post By SEvans

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 22-05-19, 11:39 AM Thread Starter

Charging in Scotland

I am on holiday in Scotland at the moment and noticed most towns & villages around have a Charing points in car parks in areas I have visited.
England take note!
If you wish folk to go all Electric then we need chargers fitted in car parks all round.
bluecar1 likes this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 23-05-19, 04:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckle View Post
I am on holiday in Scotland at the moment and noticed most towns & villages around have a Charing points in car parks in areas I have visited.
England take note!
If you wish folk to go all Electric then we need chargers fitted in car parks all round.
But do all the Scotish points work? I had to abandon the idea of touring Scotland last year as most (and I mean most) of the CCS charging points were not working.
Dave

Dave F. Dunstable UK. Electric Premium SE. Ordered 5 January 2017. Shipped 27th February. Supplied to me 20 April 2017. Polar white.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 24-05-19, 11:21 AM

Location: Southampton, darn sarf of the UK, where you get your feet wet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveF View Post
But do all the Scotish points work? I had to abandon the idea of touring Scotland last year as most (and I mean most) of the CCS charging points were not working.
Dave
It has been my experience that Scottish chargers have a far higher rate of failure - or more likely a much longer wait for repair, then anywhere else in the UK.

I blame an aversion to work among the skirt-wearing, haggis-eaters or a compete lack of affinity with this new-fangled `leccy` stuff.
BlueNev likes this.

Simon Evans
2018 Pearl White PHEV
gone is the 2017 Premium SE Hybrid Black - good riddance to that corporate signwriting!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hyundai Ioniq Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page