Brake Issue - Page 5 - Hyundai Ioniq Forum
 7Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #41 of 46 (permalink) Old 28-03-19, 01:54 PM
Cha

Quote:
Originally Posted by kswiton View Post
So they told me they did Ąreset the brake pump to factory settings. Observe and adviseĒ. Itís much better now, just one clicking sound left when engaging the brakes but i think itís just the taillight switch.
Do you have the paperwork, by any chance? Some of us said it is the sound of air bubble trap in the brake fluid between the IBAU and the PSU. I guess "reset the brake pump to factory setting" might means "circulated the brake fluid in the PSU"

2017 Hyundai ioniq hybrid SEL with tech package. Summit Grey.
Bridgeport, CT U.S.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42 of 46 (permalink) Old 29-03-19, 05:40 AM

Unfortunately no sorry

Ioniq HEV
post #43 of 46 (permalink) Old 29-03-19, 08:27 AM
Cha

Quote:
Originally Posted by kswiton View Post
Unfortunately no sorry
Thank you anyway. At least we know it can be fixed.

2017 Hyundai ioniq hybrid SEL with tech package. Summit Grey.
Bridgeport, CT U.S.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #44 of 46 (permalink) Old 29-03-19, 12:35 PM

Garage
Never heard this in my 2017 model EV. 1st time I heard it on a recording now. This doesn't sound like the hydraulic pump running. Could be air in the pressurised system. But how did it get in. Sounds like a production fault as it was mentioned before. Circulating the break fluid will only solve it temporarily if the cause is the production fault (new air will get into the system).
Cha likes this.

😃 2017 Hyundai IONIQ Electric Premium 😃

Last edited by Patrick; 29-03-19 at 12:45 PM.
post #45 of 46 (permalink) Old 04-04-19, 11:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
Never heard this in my 2017 model EV. 1st time I heard it on a recording now. This doesn't sound like the hydraulic pump running. Could be air in the pressurised system. But how did it get in. Sounds like a production fault as it was mentioned before. Circulating the break fluid will only solve it temporarily if the cause is the production fault (new air will get into the system).
Looks like youíre absolutely right. It did come back after few days and iím taking it back to dealer soon. Iíll update.
Cha likes this.

Ioniq HEV
post #46 of 46 (permalink) Old Today, 09:18 AM

In my opinion this is a relay of some sort, a fairly large one at that, more like a contactor really, that activates when you touch the brake pedal.
I would love to see the electrical drawings for this car, does anyone have them?
The mechanical brakes themselves will not engage when you just lightly tap the pedal, so there has to be related to the regeneration system, but I don't get why you'd have a big ass relay/contactor in the system. The brake light relay should be very small and mounted inside a water proof enclosure inside the motor bay, can't hear that for sure.
To me it sounds like it is coming from underneath somewhere towards the rear of the vehicle, it is not really loud enough to bother me but I could do without it. 100% not a brake pump or trapped air, or anything of that nature, that would be a first if someone would be able to hear fluids circulating through steel piping under the carriage.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hyundai Ioniq Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in