Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner

Is it possible to change the color of the EV after the order has been placed?

8K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  MikeC 
#1 ·
Hi Guys,

Just wondering if anyone of you out there have ever done this. I have placed the order for Polar White EV earlier this month. It's only been 3 weeks now, still no Vin # or any confirmation of the arrival of the car.

I am wondering if it will be possible for me to request to change the color to Marina Blue as I have seen the Hybrid around in the city and it looks really sharp and bright.

Will it be worth making the change and will making this change of color change the status of my original order? Will the change of color means I am placing a new order and be taken out from the original queue and now have to start all over again?

Just curious to see if anyone out there in the forum has done this.

#3 ·
usually so long as it hasn't been given a production slot you can make changes (certainly in the UK)

once it has been given a production slot and scheduled then I believe it is locked in and no changes permitted

give your dealer a call, the only thing is changing colour can give a delay as some colours are not produced very often, but likewise if you chose a colour not often run and you move to a more popular colour you may find it has a positive impact on delivery

marina blue is popular but I have heard about long delays, contact your dealer and ask the question, only other thing is if there is a additional cost for the metallic marina blue (there is in UK) you may have you pay it yourself depending on how you financed the car as often in the UK it is difficult to alter the finance once you have signed, not sure about US

Reactions: MikeC
#4 ·
I know from my last car ( not Hyundai ) I changed the colour due to the long wait . The dealer checked if the other colour was available . There was one at a dealership 30 miles away and had it within the week . Ask your dealer maybe you'll be lucky

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.