Hyundai remains no. 1 automaker in brand keys customer loyalty engagement index - Hyundai Ioniq Forum
 10Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-16-2017, 05:31 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Garage
Hyundai remains no. 1 automaker in brand keys customer loyalty engagement index

HYUNDAI REMAINS NO. 1 AUTOMAKER IN BRAND KEYS CUSTOMER LOYALTY ENGAGEMENT INDEX

Quote:
FOUNTAIN VALLEY, Calif., June 16, 2017 – An impressive streak in customer loyalty continues for its eighth year in a row, as Hyundai is again ranked No. 1 in the automotive industry in the Brand Keys Customer Loyalty Engagement Index. Brand Keys, a New York–based customer loyalty and engagement consultancy, publishes this annual syndicated study, which examines customers’ relationships with 740 brands in 83 categories.

“Hyundai has been able to best meet customer expectations and has, again, scored the highest levels of loyalty when it comes to the automotive category, taking the #1 spot in our 2017 Customer Loyalty Engagement Index,” said Robert Passikoff, Brand Keys Founder and President. “Of course the true test of loyalty and engagement always shows up in the marketplace, so we aren't surprised to see Hyundai’s success. We congratulate them on another win.”

For the Brand Keys 2017 survey, nearly 49,168 respondents self-selected the categories in which they are consumers and the brands for which they are customers. Brand engagement measures rational and emotional aspects of the categories to identify how well brands meet expectations that consumers hold from consideration to purchase. Brands that best meet consumers’ expectations generate the most loyalty.

“In an industry that is more competitive than ever, Hyundai continues to exceed customer expectations with vehicles, technologies and customer engagement that makes things better,” said Dean Evans, CMO, Hyundai Motor America. “Maintaining loyalty is one of the toughest things to do and receiving this recognition eight years in a row shows how we are building a deeper and more emotional connection with our customers. We continue to work hard every day to maintain the loyalty we’ve built and encourage customers to return to the Hyundai brand.”

Hyundai has built and maintained a loyal customer base thanks to its diverse and dynamic lineup that meets the needs of a variety of customers. From its family of SUVs to its fuel-efficient and technology-filled sedans to the all-new eco-focused Ioniq, Hyundai’s product lineup continues to deliver across a wide-range of segments. All of these vehicles come packed with standard safety features and are backed by Hyundai Assurance. Hyundai Assurance is the industry’s leading owner satisfaction program that includes America’s Best Warranty (10-year, 100,000 miles powertrain limited warranty), five-years of complimentary roadside assistance and Blue Link Connected care services free for one year. Hyundai also continues to improve satisfaction in purchase process, with offerings like the new Ioniq Unlimited+ electric vehicle subscription program that provides Ioniq EV customers in California with one fixed monthly payment that includes unlimited miles, scheduled maintained and electric charging reimbursement, among other features.

For the complete 2017 Customer Loyalty Engagement Index, visit http://brandkeys.com/wp-content/uplo...-Final_FEB.pdf
Rick and jbirdux like this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-17-2017, 04:29 AM

Garage
Looks to me as wishful thinking. After 37 years of driving HONDA my loyalty for Hyundai after my switchover has surely not been established yet. The support and service line organisation looks weak and not responsive enough to customer problems. The technical robustness of new models like Ioniq leaves a lot to be desired. Battery leaks and other repeated problems reported by forum members should have been resolved once and for all a long time ago. The Ioniq is almost 2 years on the market.
It cannot be that customers loyalty to Hyundai has been encouraged by these deficiencies. I believe Hyundai has made big steps by simultaneous introducing 3 innovative green models but maybe this turns out to be a bridge too far. Loyalty floats on trust, when you puncture it its very difficult to reach the other side of the river.
GaardenZwerch likes this.
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-19-2017, 09:16 AM

I believe the report is looking at this from more of a User Experience and/or Customer Experience perspective. For example, I can easily say that the Ioniq is the easiest vehicle to operate and understand all of the features than any other vehicle I've driven, and within a week's time frame no less. It's very intuitive out of the box.

Last week I test drove a Mercedes C350e (I work for an automotive company). It looks really nice and flashy on the inside (but ultimately, not for me), but I must have spent at least 15 minutes trying to figure out how to put the vehicle in reverse. The gear shift isn't where you expect it to be (on the side), it's on the steering column. Adjusting your seat? Normally seat controls are located on the side of the chair, the side closest to the door. The seat controls were on the door itself, where the door handle or lock/unlock would be. The first 15 minutes figuring out how to start that vehicle was one of my worst car experiences. I just want to get in and go, not spend minutes trying to adapt to an unfamiliar configuration. We are creatures of habit and once habits have been established, people typically don't like change unless it's gradual.

Another example, how many times were you confused by all the buttons and images on your dashboard or center stack controls? The Ioniq is so simple, all the buttons have single words that tells you exactly what it's for! (Ioniq Center Stack) The status icons are simple enough and recognizable enough that you can get a pretty good idea of what the vehicle is trying to communicate. In my parent's Volvo V60 (V60 Center Stack), there's a button with a globe (without showing the landmasses). Does it stand for wifi? Is it a map? Is it navigation? (I still don't know what it does) Then the button with an "A" and a circle going clockwise, "A" typically means "Automatic"...automatic what...? (It actually turns on/off Auto Start/Stop).

More information on the role UX plays in customer satisfaction: https://articles.uie.com/the_long_wow/
hybrid angel likes this.

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-20-2017, 05:19 AM

Garage
The Ioniq is our family's 9th Hyundai over the last 17 years. During that period we have owned exactly TWO non-Hyundai vehicles - a Chevy Silverado, and a Dodge Charger, both of which represent car/truck types Hyundai does not build. A primary reason why I traded in my Dodge Charger for the Ioniq is that I trust Hyundai's long-term support. So, I'd say Hundai is right....their REAL consumer base is extremely loyal! It's not all about the Ioniq. We are now on our 4th Santa Fe and my wife would not own any other car unless Hyundai reintroduces a Minivan!

Having said all this, how often have we "needed" the warranty? Only once...for a paddle shifter issue on a Sonata...an issue Hyundai fixed quickly and never left the car inoperable.

So yes, please, count me IN as a serious Hyundai "believer"...again, it's not all about the most recent release or the Ioniq, it's about the totality of service and performance that I have PERSONALLY experienced since the year 2000 with my first Hyundai purchase - an Elantra wagon.

Approaching 2,500 miles on my Ioniq with nary a problem....running as advertised.

It's hard NOT to be a "loyal Hyundai customer"!!!

Hyundai's owned:
2000 Elantra Wagon
2001 Santa Fe
2003 Tiburon
2004 Santa Fe
2007 Entourage - 77,000 miles at 7 years and STILL UNDER WARRANTY on trade-in!
2011 Sonata Sport
2013 Santa Fe - 36,000 miles and STILL UNDER WARRANTY!
2017 Ioniq
2017 Santa Fe

As a matter of fact, EVERY Hyundai we have ever traded in was still under warranty...a warranty we NEVER had to exercise beyond the one stated event. Meanwhile I've had friends continuing to buy Toyotas and Hondas who have experienced major mechanical problems almost from day one! They got a CRAP warranty, and bought a Brand that made them feel the problem was THEM!
hybrid angel likes this.

Last edited by Operator; 06-20-2017 at 05:41 AM.
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-20-2017, 05:32 AM

Garage
I will NEVER buy a German car....NEVER...even if I suddenly win the lottery...I'll buy ANYTHING else. To me the greatest fraud ever committed on the American car buying public is the BS of German cars...BMW...a total joke POS that only a fool buys. Mercedes...again...a FOOL'S purchase. Volkswagon...about 40 years ago a good buy, but now...total crap as evidenced by their most recent SCAM with the TDI in California.

Excuse me for being blunt but anything built in Germany or "Sveden" is GUARANTEED to have electrical problems by year two! Germans may design and engineer great cars, but what is built is built to be deficient and cost the consumer more.

Generally speaking one buys a Japanese car - or a Korean car, or even a Ford or Chevrolet, when one wants a RELIABLE daily driver that requires nearly zero maintenance, yet starts every time and does the job of providing reliable transportation to and from work! ****, a BMW can't even be trusted not to spontaneously burst into flames! And THEN BMW will blame the owner!

I say this: look at the warranty, and look at how they HONOR the warranty! ANY manufacturer not willing to "ante up" to Hyundai's warranty is suspect...they KNOW their $h1T is bad! Just a few years back TOYOTA was caught in a 13 million bad engine scheme.....no wonder they won't warranty beyond 36 months! Sadly, the world is full if idiots who don't do ANY homework before they buy!
jayferret and hybrid angel like this.

Last edited by Operator; 06-20-2017 at 05:43 AM.
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-20-2017, 06:37 AM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Garage
also do your homework on safety, look at the IHSS / euroncap safety ratings and watch the crash test videos

if you can find the model on the ANCAP (Australian ncap) they publish the G loads on the passengers etc so you can really compare the safety

its shocking how some cars collapse on an test and yet people still buy them
jayferret and hybrid angel like this.

post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-20-2017, 09:00 AM

More positive news: https://www.nytimes.com/2017/06/08/a...pgtype=article

A great review of the EV and HEV in the NYT, incl video.
hybrid angel likes this.
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-20-2017, 02:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Operator View Post
The Ioniq is our family's 9th Hyundai over the last 17 years. During that period we have owned exactly TWO non-Hyundai vehicles - a Chevy Silverado, and a Dodge Charger, both of which represent car/truck types Hyundai does not build.

On the other extreme, I am not tied to a single manufacturer. I do my reviews and buy the one that fits my need. Here are the vehicles I have owned.

1991 Isuzu Stylus XS; 1993 Chevy Cavalier 3.0; 1994 (?) Volvto 850R; 1997 (?) Daewoo Nubira; 2004 Acura MDX; 2004 GMC Sierra 1500; 2008 GMC Sierra 1500; 2011 VW Sportswagen Diesel; 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Diesel; 2017 Hyundai Ioniq Electric.

We always had two vehicles at a time. I will never buy an Acura in Canada again. I found their aftermarket support horrible. While their aftermarket support in the USA was outstanding. I do travel a lot in the USA.

---
2017 Ionic EV Limited (Phantom Black)
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-20-2017, 04:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluecar1 View Post
if you can find the model on the ANCAP (Australian ncap) they publish the G loads on the passengers etc so you can really compare the safety
Australia is stopping ANCAP and is going to adopt the information from Euro NCAP in the future.
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-20-2017, 05:22 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riore View Post
Australia is stopping ANCAP and is going to adopt the information from Euro NCAP in the future.
that's not good, there was really good data, but I think the Ioniq is using euro ncap data as the video is from the euroncap site, but there was a lot more data

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page