Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner
  • US ICCU Recall (aka 12V battery failure issue). Please use the following thread, this pertains to all eGMP models. Please do not create duplicate threads on this topic. Thread

Sensor in passenger seat set far too low.

8K views 17 replies 13 participants last post by  Mikeyxx 
#1 ·
I placed a pizza on the passenger seat yesterday and the seat belt warning sounded loudly for the prescribed 100 seconds. Only solution was to fasten the seat belt. Will take to dealer. Obviously, this sensor is set far too low. On my Prius it took 20 lbs. to trigger it. Anyone else seeing this? I later placed my cell phone on the passenger seat and that triggered it too. The seat-belt solution works but is inconvenient for my next passenger. Also, would deploy the passenger airbag unnecessarily in an accident.

#11 · (Edited)
passenger sensor issue

What I have found is that it depends where you place your items on the passenger seat. It seems like the sensor goes off if something is placed in the middle part of the seat but if you put something in the back part against the seat, it doesn't go off. I placed heavy items against the seat and nothing happened but then I took everything off the seat and put just my cell phone on the mid section of the seat and it went off.

#12 ·
Took it to dealer who could not duplicate problem. He patronizingly explained to me how it works which is the same as the Prius I've driven for eleven years. I laid my cell phone on the passenger seat on my way home and the alarm went off. Go figure. I'll be more assertive on my next visit to dealer.

#13 ·
silly question is it the signal from your cell phone causing the alarm to go off rather than the weight of it?

if you turn your cell off then place it on the seat does it cause the alarm?

just wondering