Apps to IONIQ - Hyundai Ioniq Forum
 4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-03-2017, 10:12 PM Thread Starter

Apps to IONIQ

Searching apps for the ioniq car in my cellphone (App Store), I found two, the first one seem to be about the features, but the second one is in korean language. Someone known what is it? There is more cellphone apps for the car?

Regards,

Klever
post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-04-2017, 04:10 AM

Garage
I'm using Hyundai Access Point and Android Auto. Haven't found anything else useful - well exept Fuelly for fuel consumption.
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-04-2017, 04:24 AM
Super Moderator

Garage
I have an app for the The New Motion level 2 charger I have at home. I can use that app to start or stop charging (assuming the cable is connected to the car). This morning, from my bed I started the charging and the car was warm when I left at 6:30.

2017 Hyundai Ioniq Electric Marina Blue
Previous car: 2013 Prius Plug In

post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-04-2017, 04:30 AM
Super Moderator

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan Treur View Post
I have an app for the The New Motion level 2 charger I have at home. I can use that app to start or stop charging (assuming the cable is connected to the car). This morning, from my bed I started the charging and the car was warm when I left at 6:30.
how the other half of us live

i assume if you do that on a frosty morning the heat in the car defrosts all the windows as well , while the rest of us have to get the scraper out
marcel_g likes this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-04-2017, 04:32 AM
Super Moderator

Garage
Yes, you are so right!

post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-04-2017, 04:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan Treur View Post
This morning, from my bed I started the charging and the car was warm when I left at 6:30.
But surely you cannot start climate control via the app? That must be set according to departure schedule set in the car, yes?

Ioniq BEV Premium SE
post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-04-2017, 05:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluecar1 View Post
how the other half of us live

i assume if you do that on a frosty morning the heat in the car defrosts all the windows as well , while the rest of us have to get the scraper out
You could always do what a friend of mine used to do.....put a good old fashioned fan heater in the car with a mains lead running out of the car through the letterbox/ He would then turn it on in the morning to warm/defrost his car....not sure of the overall energy efficiency of his scheme though particularly nowadays with fuel prices and all those drafts it must create
post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-04-2017, 09:19 AM
Super Moderator

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alien-S View Post
But surely you cannot start climate control via the app? That must be set according to departure schedule set in the car, yes?
Yes, that is true, the day before you have to leave the car either in the scheduled charging mode (with a specific time indicated), or in the nonscheduled charging mode. In the former case the heater or AC will also work (when you have indicated that), in the latter case it will just charge without heating or AC. This app from The New Motion is not able to set such modes of the car. But at least you can do what I describe from a state that the charging station is completely off (not standby), what actually is not possible from a car app, as I think that does not bring the charging station from off to standby. If you have to leave it standby all night that may cost about 10W for all these non-active hours.

I still would prefer to have the Bluelink app operational in Europe in addition. Both apps together can bring you from an off state of both charging station and car to a charging session.

post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-04-2017, 12:18 PM

I've read conflicting information about Hyundai apps and what works (or does not work with the Ioniq electric). And then there is the issue whether bluelink will be offered in Canada (or outside of the US).

Add this issue to my growing list of frustration with Hyundai in Canada. Sure it's a new car to Canada but is it not reasonable that more information would be released given how long they've been planning this release. I used to work on international new product introductions and it was never this bad..

Oh well, hope someone can provide some clarity on apps and especially what's happening in Canada.
nateads likes this.
post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-04-2017, 12:41 PM
Super Moderator

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by PSWilson View Post
I've read conflicting information about Hyundai apps and what works (or does not work with the Ioniq electric). And then there is the issue whether bluelink will be offered in Canada (or outside of the US).

Add this issue to my growing list of frustration with Hyundai in Canada. Sure it's a new car to Canada but is it not reasonable that more information would be released given how long they've been planning this release. I used to work on international new product introductions and it was never this bad..

Oh well, hope someone can provide some clarity on apps and especially what's happening in Canada.
it was the same story in the UK etc. very little info until days before the launch, even now there is info missing on service plans etc that should have been sorted prior to launch

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page