Ioniq arrived in canada - Hyundai Ioniq Forum
 138Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 393 (permalink) Old 02-24-2017, 05:33 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Garage
Ioniq arrived in canada

Twitter

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #2 of 393 (permalink) Old 02-24-2017, 09:03 PM
Jay

I'm hearing the same rumor that the Ioniq is now for sale in the US but hyundaiusa.com still lists the Ioniq as a "future vehicle". There is no "build your own" functionality on the website for the Ioniq and I checked Woodland Hills Ioniq in LA (they would have them if anybody does) and they don't have them. I see the same situation in Hyundaicanada. Their Ioniq webpage isn't ready for prime time and I just asked River City Hyundai if they have any Ioniqs in stock and they don't.

Still waiting to see these alleged Ioniqs in NA.
post #3 of 393 (permalink) Old 02-24-2017, 09:11 PM

Hyundai Canada doesn't have pricing or build information available yet. Thus, not for sale yet. Likewise, Hyundai US also does not have pricing or build information yet (although PR releases have some info).

On the other hand, US Kia has Niro pricing and build, and is now widely available after a fast rollout.

post #4 of 393 (permalink) Old 02-24-2017, 09:39 PM
Jay

My local Kia dealer has 2 Niros in stock. I think the US is ahead of Canada on Niro rollout.
post #5 of 393 (permalink) Old 02-25-2017, 10:30 AM

Thumbs up

Oh, this is very interesting. I'm going to have to contact some local Ottawa dealers. Of course, if it's not available yet, that's ok, as my wife and I are also getting the kitchen fully renovated this spring/summer, so that project has to get underway before I can try to convince her that we should replace the aging ICE already.

marcel
post #6 of 393 (permalink) Old 02-25-2017, 10:57 AM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Garage
may be worth letting the wife have a few treats in the kitchen, then later go "you know you wanted xxx in the kitchen and I did not object dear, I have seen this lovely new car...."

post #7 of 393 (permalink) Old 02-26-2017, 04:43 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Garage
https://cdn.ampproject.org/c/s/www.a...o-stand/63410/

virtual tour of Hyundai's Canadian auto show stand
Terrywi likes this.

post #8 of 393 (permalink) Old 02-26-2017, 09:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluecar1 View Post
may be worth letting the wife have a few treats in the kitchen, then later go "you know you wanted xxx in the kitchen and I did not object dear, I have seen this lovely new car...."
well, that's pretty much the plan, but knowing how well I manage to get my plans to work out, we'll just have to see
post #9 of 393 (permalink) Old 02-26-2017, 09:24 PM

I emailed a few of the local dealers, and they all replied that once they get their chargers installed, they'll be qualified for Ioniq EVs, and then they'll be able to let me know more details about their allocations. They're expecting March/April, but I wonder how soon they'll actually show up and how many they'll actually get.
post #10 of 393 (permalink) Old 03-01-2017, 04:20 PM

I was at the Canadian International AutoShow on February 19th and I was told by a Hyundai representative that dealerships should start getting shipments of the Ioniq in 6 to 8 weeks. So that would be the end of March, beginning of April. He also said that Hyundai was also making a push for dealerships to have not just the hybrids but to get the electric models.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page