QI wireless charging - Hyundai Ioniq Forum
 8Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 32 (permalink) Old 01-29-2017, 04:28 AM Thread Starter

Question QI wireless charging

Hello,
I couldn't understand whether the QI wireless charging system comes with all versions of Ioniq hybrid, can anyone tell?

Waiting for my car, I see cheap and 'universal' QI receivers are available both for iPhone and android phones: did anybody try something similar yet? Worth getting one?

Thank you,
al.
post #2 of 32 (permalink) Old 01-29-2017, 05:27 AM
Super Moderator

In the UK , QI is only available on the Premium and Premium SE .

A mind is like a parachute. It doesn't work if it is not open

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 32 (permalink) Old 01-29-2017, 05:34 AM

Every country or sales network has own different set of trim options. Check your trim set if the QI is included or not from your order.

Samsung S4 does not include QI as factory default, but i bought cheap Chinese magnetic field receiver attached inside of the phone cover and its working very good.

Is it worth of try? Yes, because those receivers are so cheap and QI-standard is so simple that it is easy to implement even in cheap ones. Anyhow i do not take responsibility of Chinese products but if the receiver is stamped as QI it should work OK.

Samsung S4 has a on-board connector (two wire, plus and minus) for the receiver, but same way it will work on USB connected receiver too.
trapias likes this.

post #4 of 32 (permalink) Old 01-29-2017, 05:55 AM
Super Moderator

Garage
the Qi wireless charging works well, I have a windows Lumia 950 phone, just drop it on the charger when I get n the car the light goes orange and the phone charges, thelight goes green when the device is fully charged

no need for wires or plugging things in,

if available and you can get the relevant adaptor for you phone (if it don't have wireless charging) it is well worth having
trapias likes this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #5 of 32 (permalink) Old 01-29-2017, 06:55 AM

The pictures of my Samsung S4 QI receiver/adaptor attached.

Here is example of USB to QI adapter if your device does not support on-board QI connector: http://www.qiwireless.com/add-wireless-charging-device/
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_1984.jpg
Views:	519
Size:	239.5 KB
ID:	801   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_1983.jpg
Views:	506
Size:	125.0 KB
ID:	809  
trapias likes this.

Last edited by Javamik; 01-29-2017 at 07:01 AM.
post #6 of 32 (permalink) Old 01-29-2017, 07:19 AM

When ordering USB-to-QI adapter/receiver you have to choose from 2 options - which way the USB connetor is in your phone/pad to get a flat cable to bend nicely under to the back cover.
post #7 of 32 (permalink) Old 01-29-2017, 04:03 PM Thread Starter

Thank you guys, I ordered a comfort Ioniq (middle model in Italy, where we have classic, comfort and style) with the plus pack, and it should have QI. Will try to get a cheap receiver for my iPhone and post results here, as soon as I get my car.
post #8 of 32 (permalink) Old 01-30-2017, 12:52 AM

The QI recever works same way with Apple Lightning connector too: iPhone 6 Qi Wireless Charging Made Possible - Qi Wireless Charging

With Lightning you do not need to care about the orientation of the connector in the phone/pad. Lightning fits both ways.

Of course in both cases (USB and Lightning QI receiver) the connector in the phone/pad is reserved for charging only so it is not available i.e. for Apple CarPlay at the same time.

Last edited by Javamik; 01-30-2017 at 12:57 AM.
post #9 of 32 (permalink) Old 01-30-2017, 02:40 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Javamik View Post
The QI recever works same way with Apple Lightning connector too: iPhone 6 Qi Wireless Charging Made Possible - Qi Wireless Charging

With Lightning you do not need to care about the orientation of the connector in the phone/pad. Lightning fits both ways.

Of course in both cases (USB and Lightning QI receiver) the connector in the phone/pad is reserved for charging only so it is not available i.e. for Apple CarPlay at the same time.
Yes I already saw some receivers at Amazon, even if - as you notice - having one of these would occupy the lightning port (or USB on android).
A better solution could be, apart of course a phone which has qi onboard, to find a cover with qi and that leaves the port free, but I don't think this is possible- where would qi get power from?
Thanks anyway!
post #10 of 32 (permalink) Old 01-30-2017, 03:19 AM
ade

My wife and I both have iPhones, so I've switched the Qi off, but it does raise a very minor annoyance – it would be so much neater if the USB socket in the armrest supported Car Play, so I could run a lightning cable discretely along the armrest, rather than having to have it dangle between the centre console and the phone slot.
Peter likes this.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page