US Ioniq Arrival Date - Hyundai Ioniq Forum
 58Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 192 (permalink) Old 08-29-2016, 11:08 AM Thread Starter

Garage
US Ioniq Arrival Date

This guy says the Ioniq will be in the showroom at his dealership in Danbury, CT, by "the end of this quarter."

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php...&hc_ref=SEARCH

I've messaged him to find out exactly what that means, but no reply yet.
IONIQ Admin and inferno like this.
post #2 of 192 (permalink) Old 08-29-2016, 12:59 PM
Super Moderator

Garage
end of the quarter,

now is that the "year quarter" which would mean end of September?

of some other quarter (tax year, UK is tax year starts april so end of quarter would then be end of October)

that sounds suspiciously like you will get the EV mid October , same time Europe will get the hybrid ad EV

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 192 (permalink) Old 08-29-2016, 01:14 PM

Hm... this is kind of a shot in the dark. Wouldn't keep this for concrete information

post #4 of 192 (permalink) Old 08-29-2016, 03:00 PM
Super Moderator

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAlien View Post
Hm... this is kind of a shot in the dark. Wouldn't keep this for concrete information

I agree , but it is the first bit of info hinting at US launch dates

now we need to get confirmation of the information to confirm or deny

post #5 of 192 (permalink) Old 08-29-2016, 03:24 PM
Jay

Hyundaiusa says the BEV is "coming this fall". Fall begins September 22. The HEV, which is the one I'm interested in, is "coming this winter". Now, winter in the US begins December 21. The PHEV is "coming next summer".
post #6 of 192 (permalink) Old 08-29-2016, 05:15 PM Thread Starter

Garage
I never got an answer back from the guy who posted this info, so I messaged the dealership with the same question.

I doubt I'll ever hear anything back from either one.

Furthermore, I REALLY doubt the end-of-this-quarter date for arrival in the showroom. I guess it's remotely possible, but color me skeptical.

If I hear anything back, I'll post it here.
post #7 of 192 (permalink) Old 08-29-2016, 05:34 PM
Super Moderator

Garage
so "fall" runs from 21st sept to 21st dec

so there is a 3 month window for the arrival, I can't see it being to far from the EU dates

do any of your motoring mags have a section like in the UK with when new models are due to arrive?

might be worth a browse in the news agent?

post #8 of 192 (permalink) Old 08-29-2016, 08:46 PM Thread Starter

Garage
bluecar1,

I'm not aware of any U.S. magazine that covers new car arrival dates. I've subscribed to both Car & Driver and Road & Track for decades, but I don't recall ever seeing such information in them, and certainly not down to the level of arrival week or day. It seems that websites are the current best source of information for on-sale dates.

I hope you're right that there won't be a long lag between EU and U.S. arrivals.

I met with a local Hyundai salesperson today and expressed my interest in the Ioniq. He said one of the best indicators of imminent arrival in the showroom is when the staff has to take on-line sales training for the model. He promised to let me know whenever the training starts, so we'll see if that happens.
post #9 of 192 (permalink) Old 08-29-2016, 08:58 PM Thread Starter

Garage
I just got an answer back from Danbury Hyundai in Connecticut that says November is when "they" have been told the Ioniq will arrive, but there was no mention of a specific date during the month.

I consider that good enough information to start making some serious plans for later this year...
post #10 of 192 (permalink) Old 09-02-2016, 01:52 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Here's the answer I got yesterday from a Hyundai dealer in Albuquerque to my question about Ioniq arrival date:

"We don't have an exact date that the Ioniq will arrive. They are scheduled to hit the ground this fall. Hyundai is working to get them here by November; however, no specific date has been released as of yet."

November seems to be emerging as the consensus answer. But I suspect the rollout will occur at vastly different times across the country, depending on dealership size, sales records, allocations, local demographics, schmooze factors, transportation times, etc., but at least it's clear that the U.S. debut of the Ioniq IS getting close.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page