Canadian Ioniq Pricing and Availability - Hyundai Ioniq Forum
 3Likes
  • 3 Post By CdnOntDriver

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-17-2017, 01:13 PM Thread Starter

Canadian Ioniq Pricing and Availability

I picked up my new BEV Ioniq earlier today . I will post the pictures and other details in another thread.

But towards the end of my meeting with the Sales person at Mississauga Hyundai, he mentioned that new orders will not be fulfilled any earlier than November! That probably means 2017 model production is sold out. He also mentioned that Canadian prices for all models of Hyundai will increase in July.

While at the dealership, I noticed they had a white and an iron grey BEV in the lot without a license plate!
bluecar1, Jan Treur and nateads like this.

---
2017 Ionic EV Limited (Phantom Black)
post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-17-2017, 01:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CdnOntDriver View Post
I will post the pictures and other details in another thread.
Please do, I put in a deposit on May 20th and still have no status update on mine. Curious what other Canadian owners/soon to be owners are encountering.

Quote:
iron grey BEV in the lot without a license plate!
I ordered a Marina Blue because I didn't think they offered BEV in Iron Grey, if this is he case maybe I can see if my dealer can do a swap with Mississauga as long as the Iron Grey is an SE with CCP.

--------------------------------
Ask me about websites...
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-17-2017, 04:40 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by nateads View Post
I ordered a Marina Blue because I didn't think they offered BEV in Iron Grey, if this is he case maybe I can see if my dealer can do a swap with Mississauga as long as the Iron Grey is an SE with CCP.
You are right, BEV does not have an iron grey option, I thought I saw one with no grill in front, must have been seeing things.

---

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-17-2017, 11:24 PM

Quote:
I picked up my new BEV Ioniq earlier today .
Do Mississauga Hyundai asked you to pay in full or they take the incentive off the price? I am trying to convince Streetville Hyundai to accept the incentive assignment then I don't have to deal with the government.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-18-2017, 07:16 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sc8888 View Post
Do Mississauga Hyundai asked you to pay in full or they take the incentive off the price? I am trying to convince Streetville Hyundai to accept the incentive assignment then I don't have to deal with the government.
Yes, I had to pay and then apply for the $14K government incentive. I had an unused LoC to bridge the gap between when I pay and when I get a cheque for the incentive. From what I have read online, it could be as soon as two weeks after you apply. Fingers crossed.

---
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-18-2017, 09:05 AM

@CdnOntDriver sorry to rush this question, but how long did you have to wait between putting down your deposit and getting the car? Or even putting down your deposit and getting an ETA or VIN?

Ask me about websites...
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-18-2017, 10:19 AM

Quote:
Yes, I had to pay and then apply for the $14K government incentive.
My dealer took care of all that for me. Strange - I thought most if not all dealers were doing that now.
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-18-2017, 10:29 AM

This is a brand new thing for Hyundai dealers so probably not all of them are on board for this. Streetville Hyundai is owned by Humberview Group, not a small outfit so I would expect them to be more progressive and willing to do this. I hope they changed their mind when the vehicle is ready.
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-18-2017, 06:27 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by nateads View Post
@CdnOntDriver sorry to rush this question, but how long did you have to wait between putting down your deposit and getting the car? Or even putting down your deposit and getting an ETA or VIN?
I put down my deposit on May 6th and was told it will be six to eight weeks before the car can be delivered. They told me that I will know my VIN in about two weeks. So I called them on 29th of May since I did not hear anything from them. The salesperson told me he will check and get back to me. Then he called me two days later that the car is at the dealership, and I can pick it up that weekend.

I wanted to wait until I clear up all the paperwork for returning the Dieselgate VW, before finally picking up the new Ioniq yesterday. I guess I was lucky with my timing on placing the order.

---
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-18-2017, 07:28 PM

@CdnOntDriver May I ask what trim level you got and if you got CCP?

I'm sorry for all the questions. I am just noticing a trend that the Mississauga location seems to be very proactive in getting customers the car where as where I am it seems like dealers are more than happy to get the deposit then sit on their hands.

By Tuesday, 30 of the 90 days on the purchase order will be gone so I am really crossing my fingers that I will get some information this week.

I don't know how this system works from some it seems as though your deposit puts you into a query, from others it seems as though the deposit gets the dealers to start actively looking on the system and finding the car for you. So I wonder if it's a situation of how hard the dealer is willing to work to get you the car quickly.

Ask me about websites...

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page