Beige vs Black interior - Hyundai Ioniq Forum
 1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-09-2017, 05:45 PM Thread Starter

Beige vs Black interior

Any thoughts from the forum on pros or cons to the Beige vs the Black interior? I am considering the USA Electric Blue Metallic color which only has a black interior, so no choice there. But may be interested in other colors which have an option.

Have folks found one interior color better or worse than the other? For example:
- Does folks find one of the colors gives a sunlight reflection into the windscreen from the dashboard or door interior
- Is one interior showing that it is hard to clean
- The Beige is a mixed color setup with some black parts of the dashboard. Do folks find this to be more or less attractive (probably personal preference but curious the collective thought)
- Any other reasons to select one over the other?

Future Ioniq Buyer
post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-09-2017, 08:15 PM

I have not yet seen any US inventory with the beige interior.
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-10-2017, 08:21 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by cousintim View Post
I have not yet seen any US inventory with the beige interior.
I haven't either. Downside of dark interiors is that they get hotter in summer, by converting light into heat, more readily. Upside is that they do not show dirt so easily. My Polar White has grey seats. Fortunately I can pre-cool or pre-heat using the Blue Link app, which makes the internal temperature problems less of a deciding factor.

Mad Scientist & Ironic Archer

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-10-2017, 08:27 AM Thread Starter

I've been watching inventory in Colorado on the Hyundai website to see what has been flowing through dealers out here and how fast. Seems about half the vehicles here show a beige interior on Hyundai's website. How accurate that is ... well I'll find out when I start going to dealers (in a couple weeks after we get home from vacation) to see the colors.

Future Ioniq Buyer
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-10-2017, 11:53 AM

Garage
I have a US blue with Beige interior. Itís more of a light grey in my opinion. I like it. I live in an area that gets hot in the summer and jumped at the lighter interior when it was offered. There is a light bit of white haze on the windshield but not glaringly noticable (I attached a dashcam pic as an example). Very happy, would not change this option if I was ordering again.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0006.jpg
Views:	102
Size:	176.2 KB
ID:	6074   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2102.PNG
Views:	80
Size:	909.8 KB
ID:	6082  

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-10-2017, 12:22 PM
Super Moderator

Garage
I assume those are generic mats, look good and practical

post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-10-2017, 12:28 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluecar1 View Post
I assume those are generic mats, look good and practical
Actually those are Goodyear aftermarket mats. I track sand and small rocks in the car, so I go with heavier duty rubber mats. Thanks!

post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-10-2017, 04:52 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimm00re.com View Post
I have a US blue with Beige interior. Itís more of a light grey in my opinion. I like it. I live in an area that gets hot in the summer and jumped at the lighter interior when it was offered. There is a light bit of white haze on the windshield but not glaringly noticable (I attached a dashcam pic as an example). Very happy, would not change this option if I was ordering again.
Awesome, thanks. That's the kind of insight I am curious about. Thanks for the pics.

I have been in Japan for the past 3 weeks (going home shortly) and my first reaction when I looked at your dashcam photo was "you are in the USA, why are you on the other side of the road? Oh, my brain is reset to left side in Japan "
Jimm00re.com likes this.

Future Ioniq Buyer
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-10-2017, 04:55 PM

I have a white ioniq (hybrid) with the beige interior. I wanted the beige interior because it is cooler in the summer heat. I live in Virginia and we have some really hot summers. I would really say that the interior is more of a gray color rather than beige. There is black also mixed in with it, in a tasteful manner.
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-10-2017, 04:58 PM

I have the same identical mats...bought them at Wal-Mart for about 20 bucks!

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page