Personalised / Vanity Plates. - Hyundai Ioniq Forum
 4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-18-2017, 07:20 AM Thread Starter

Personalised / Vanity Plates.

With Hyundai obtaining the personalised plates "Ioniq" in New South Wales, I have decided to purchased "Ioniq" in my home state of Queensland. I was tossing up between "Ioniq" and "Ioniq EV" but the later costing $3295 and the earlier came to a grand total of $2395. Personalised plates are a giant rip off in Australia, at least in my state I own them after I have paid for them. In New South Wales you have to pay an on going forever fee of $150 a year ontop of registration until they are returned or destroyed.

Heres a link to the price list for my state. Prices are in AUD
https://www.ppq.com.au/our-range#/

So I'd like to hear from the members about Vanity / Personalised plates in your countries, make me jealous.
post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-18-2017, 04:34 PM

Personalized Licence plates

Personalized Licence plates in B. C. Canada are $100 plus a yearly renewal fee of $40

In B.C. we also, besides regular licence plates, have available picture background plates that, when purchasing same, directs the money towards the upkeep and maintenance of our Provincial Parks. -- These are $ 50 at time of purchase plus there is a yearly renewal fee of $40 also

We chose the ' Purcell Mountains ' plate for our 2017 White Ioniq EV, as this range within the Canadian Rockies is our favourite recreation area. They look COOL !!
TKGDee likes this.
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-18-2017, 06:12 PM

Garage
Canadians are amazing in so many ways. I'm a dual citizen of Canada and France, haven't lived in either place in over 10 years tho haha and I'm soon to be a triple-citizen with Britain next lol

Here in UK they range from £250 (cheapest I've seen) to thousands. I saw one I liked TR66 HGR. If you can figure that one out it was about £450 I think.. unfortunately you can only have the numbers from the year the car was made or i would have liked TR33. Not sure if other countries are the same?

When life gives you lemons... squeeze them into that f*ckers eyes.

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-18-2017, 06:44 PM

The US is relatively cheap it seems. In Maine at least, it's $25 dollars a year on top of the normal registrations fees which vary by price of the car and age of the car. There are no restrictions to what the plate can be as long as it's 7 characters or less and it's offensive.
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-19-2017, 05:36 AM

Garage
TKGDee, I got mine for £175 as a special deal, and it included the 33 you wanted :-)

------------------------
Roy
------------------------
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-19-2017, 06:27 AM

Garage
Pffffft! How unfair.

When life gives you lemons... squeeze them into that f*ckers eyes.
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-19-2017, 11:03 AM

Open in Delaware

In Delaware (USA, USA, USA!), vanity tags are $40.00 per year. There's an online search tool to see what combinations are open and what are not. I'm usually too cheap to go vanity plates, but for anyone interested....
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Ioniq.png
Views:	9
Size:	41.1 KB
ID:	6402  
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-19-2017, 11:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKGDee View Post
Canadians are amazing in so many ways. I'm a dual citizen of Canada and France, haven't lived in either place in over 10 years tho haha and I'm soon to be a triple-citizen with Britain next lol

Here in UK they range from £250 (cheapest I've seen) to thousands. I saw one I liked TR66 HGR. If you can figure that one out it was about £450 I think.. unfortunately you can only have the numbers from the year the car was made or i would have liked TR33. Not sure if other countries are the same?
If you ever needed quad-citizenship....
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Treehgr.png
Views:	7
Size:	37.4 KB
ID:	6410  
TKGDee and Jimm00re.com like this.
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-19-2017, 01:11 PM

Garage
California is $50 inital / $40 per year for most the plates, some are more than others as the annual amount benifits charities. I put in for a 1960's black plate as it matches the car. The site states 6-8 weeks, the local office just advised 4 months... That's the DMV for ya

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-19-2017, 03:19 PM

I didn't know that there was a yearly renewal fee for vanity plates :O

I mean, the price isn't crazy or anything but I'm just surprised you have to do that.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page