The Infotainment will Reboot - Hyundai Ioniq Forum
 2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-19-2017, 12:28 AM Thread Starter

Garage
The Infotainment will Reboot

I got my Ioniq since 6/2/17 and have noticed that my infotainment unit will reboot, sometimes several times in a day. It will just do it randomly. I am wondering if anybody else is having that issue. I have took it to the dealership, but without creating the issue, they tell me to just keep bringing it back if it does it, but unable to do anything about it right now. They stated if it would continue they may pressure Hyundai corporate to replace it. However my Blue Link is also have not been working since I bought the vehicle. They have opened 2 tickets to this issue, stating that I am enrolled and it should work. They are suppose to get back to me this middle of the week as their technicians are going to see if it is a software issue. The agent for Blue Link stated if it is not a software issue it could be the infotainment unit and would need to be replace and it could be a related issue with the rebooting. I will get a call with either the stating it was a software issue or hey it is the unit and we will replace it. So hopefully I will get a new unit out of it, as they stated they would extend my Blue Link trial as I have not been able to use it at all for nearly a month. If anybody had either issue, let me know.
post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-19-2017, 01:29 AM
Super Moderator

Garage
this is the first unit I have heard of rebooting , but we have had a few fail so I wouldn't be surprised if it was the unit, one was cured by a firmware upgrade after the original upgrade caused the issue due to a corrupt file

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-19-2017, 06:15 AM

Garage
Again trouble with electronic equipment. Getting sick and tired of it. The test programs of Hyundai leaves much to be desired, not to say they suck. Try a reset in pushing the little button of your saynav by a paperclip or pen. Dont use a pencil as it may leave carbon inside and lock the button. This forces a reset of the system. Perhaps this helps. Another option is a not well placed SD card. Pull it out after switching off the system and re-enter it. Then start the system. Other forum members (Grahar64) have faced rogue SD card software. Let the card be replaced by your dealer.
Last option is replacing the complete media unit.

If it goes downhill, a standstill is a huge step forward.

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-19-2017, 07:53 AM

All these infotainment system issues are a bit concerning. The dealer out here also mentioned that the infotainment system is 3rd party, not made by Hyundai. While the rest of the car carries the 5 year 60000 miles bumper to bumper, seems the infotainment system is not between the bumpers as it only carries a 3 year 36000 mile warranty. Have others been heard that one?

Future Ioniq Buyer
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-19-2017, 08:42 AM
Super Moderator

Garage
very few manufacturers make their own infotainment units, most rebadge / customize off the shelf units

most issues were the recall on early units for a swap, other than that out of all the member we have had 3 issues

one was dead due to corrupt firmware (fixed with new sd card image)
one caused a battery drain leading to a flat battery (unit replaced)
one was totally dead after a period of time (unit replaced)

so not a major issue

post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-19-2017, 11:15 AM Thread Starter

Garage
I have already reset the system twice with the button per instructions from 2 different Blue Link agents. So to understand the 2nd suggestion, their is a SD card in the slot and all I have to do is pull it out when the system is off and make sure to reapply it correctly? I will try that.
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-19-2017, 02:05 PM Thread Starter

Garage
I did try the inserting of the SD card, and my Blue Link still is not working. Have to try the rebooting to see, which I will update in a few days to give it time to do it if it will do it again.
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-19-2017, 02:17 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Yeah, it didn't work, lol it just rebooted on me. ?
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-19-2017, 06:06 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluecar1 View Post
very few manufacturers make their own infotainment units, most rebadge / customize off the shelf units

most issues were the recall on early units for a swap, other than that out of all the member we have had 3 issues

one was dead due to corrupt firmware (fixed with new sd card image)
one caused a battery drain leading to a flat battery (unit replaced)
one was totally dead after a period of time (unit replaced)

so not a major issue
Well you can add me as a 4th issue and we will see what the end result will be.
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-20-2017, 04:24 AM

Garage
BC , you count only 3 isssues with Ioniq electronics. You forget the numerous battery flats, 2 hybrid system errors which have not been adressed yet, the fuel pump circuit leak, the battery fan error, the purple TFT display, other TFT problems. Etc.etc. Currently a forum member has sold back his car to the dealer as even Hyundai doesn't have the slightest clue what is going on (!). Sorry, but I'm not at all convinced of Hyundai's performance, neither of its service organisation. No matter how many engineers or manufacturers have been working on the Ioniq, it apparently was not ready for market release and testprograms likely have been shortcut or even not started. If I were in the guys place who sold his Ioniq back, I would surely return to Honda.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page