Looks like I've come to the right place - Hyundai Ioniq Forum
 11Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 40 (permalink) Old 05-23-2017, 08:51 AM Thread Starter

Looks like I've come to the right place

Hi all. I ordered my Ioniq last Saturday, having had a couple of test drives. My car (a PSE) is due to land in the UK IN July and should be at my dealer on 10th, and I should be collecting it on 22nd. I do hope these dates are reliable...

I currently drive a Mini Countryman (diesel), and clock up around 25k miles per year, so economy is important to me. The Mini has been a big disappointment in that regard in the 5 years I've owned it, but am anticipating the Ioniq putting a smile back on my face with infrequent trips to the petrol station!

Looking forward to being able to put some real-world experience on this forum after I take delivery, but will be stalking in the meantime, looking for tidbits of information to help me hit the road running (so to speak).
Jimm00re.com likes this.
post #2 of 40 (permalink) Old 05-23-2017, 09:34 AM

Welcome fishyweb.

I presume you went for the Hybrid?

Ioniq BEV Premium SE
post #3 of 40 (permalink) Old 05-23-2017, 10:32 AM Thread Starter

Yes indeedy, and I should have said so. I like the idea of pure EV, but I'm afraid my commute and the EV range would not go well together :-(

post #4 of 40 (permalink) Old 05-23-2017, 05:18 PM
Super Moderator

Garage
welcome to the forum fishyweb

what sort of mpg you getting out the mini? round town the Ioniq should do 60-65mpg, longer runs with a light right foot you are normally into 70+mpg

any questions just ask

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 40 (permalink) Old 05-24-2017, 02:53 AM Thread Starter

I've averaged around 49-50mpg in the Mini, depending on time of year. I had a diesel Golf mk6 prior to that where I easily got upper 60s. Hey ho.
post #6 of 40 (permalink) Old 06-07-2017, 04:57 PM Thread Starter

Contacted the dealer today, only to be informed that they expect to receive my car next week! They originally expected it some time after 10th July, so that is about 4 weeks sooner than expected! Hopefully it will be ready for me to collect on 17th June.

I imagine it is quite unusual for delivery date to be earlier than expected, especially by that margin. Anyone have any insight about how that would come about? My guess is that maybe it is a car originally destined for someone else who has canceled. Anyway, starting to get a bit excited now!
Jan Treur likes this.
post #7 of 40 (permalink) Old 06-07-2017, 05:30 PM
Super Moderator

Garage
hey don't complain about an early delivery, there will be a few on here jealous of you

good news though

post #8 of 40 (permalink) Old 06-08-2017, 03:41 AM

Location: Sarfampton, darn sarf, where you get your feet wet.
Hey, welcome fishyweb, and do complete your profile and the member map so we have an idea where you are.

I have a Premium SE Hybrid, rarely use economy driving and I still get about 60 mpg driving all over the UK. MPG also falls with increasing miles (both bluecar1 and I are still seeing improvements after 10,000 miles) so don't judge the first tankful or two. For a proper average I switched the gauge to report cumulative mileage rather than the default per-tank as that provides the better indicator of mpg as the accumulated mileage climbs.

With a bit more `foot frugality` I'm sure you can get upwards of 70 mpg, but the 83 mpg so beloved of the sales literature is with hypermiling, being sensitive to lambs and bunnies, windows closed, a/c off and keeping the boot empty except for beansprouts and Tofu...

You can find lots of good driving tips across the forum but once you've taken delivery, any queries, just ask - there's quite a cadre of UK drivers on here.

Simon Evans
Lightning Group
2017 Premium SE with 15" wheels
post #9 of 40 (permalink) Old 06-08-2017, 04:40 AM
Super Moderator

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by SEvans View Post
With a bit more `foot frugality` I'm sure you can get upwards of 70 mpg, but the 83 mpg so beloved of the sales literature is with hypermiling, being sensitive to lambs and bunnies, windows closed, a/c off and keeping the boot empty except for beansprouts and Tofu...

you mean I could get even more MPG if I emptied my boot

currently has full suitcase, various tools, rucksack with pi3, screen and Arduino with loads of bits to play with, DVD's for when bored in hotel etc etc

but no beansprouts or tofu,

sensitive to lambs and bunnies? both should be in a casserole on the plate

only got 91.5 mpg last night home from brum, but that is the 3rd 90+mpg(UK) run I have had in the last month, so not a fluke / one off

post #10 of 40 (permalink) Old 06-08-2017, 05:31 AM

Location: Sarfampton, darn sarf, where you get your feet wet.
The fuel companies will be taking a hit out if you keep that up!

I've just had the 10k service and have some longer trips over the next few days so will be keen to see what the average comes to a the end of the next thousand miles.

Simon Evans
Lightning Group
2017 Premium SE with 15" wheels

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page